Legal ba ang SWA?

What are the Philippine government agencies that you need to register with when starting a business?

Remember that it is important to register your business to avoid any legal problems once business operations start. Furthermore, it’s common practice for competitors to check on you if you have all the necessary registrations completed because if not, this will be an opportunity for them to disrupt and delay your operations by notifying the proper authorities.

Below are the government agencies that you have to contact in order to give your business a legal personality.

Depending on the structure of your business, your first step is to get a certificate of registration for your business name in one of these agencies:

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) – for single proprietorship

Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) – for partnerships or corporations

Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) – for cooperatives

After getting your certificate of registration, you will need to visit the following offices:

Local Government Unit (LGU) – visit the municipality or city hall office and process your business permit

Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) – apply for a business taxpayer identification number (TIN), register your books of accounts, point-of-sales (POS) machines and receipts

At this point, you may now legally start your business operations, but you’ll need to then register your employees (which may include yourself) to the following agencies:

Social Security System (SSS) – secure an SSS number for yourself and your employees

Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – for businesses with five workers or more, register your business with DOLE

Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) – as required by RA 7742, SSS members earning at least P4,000 a month must be registered with HDMF. This agency administers the Pag-Ibig Fund.

Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) – all employers of are required to register their employees to this agency as stated in the New National Health Insurance Act (RA 7875 / RA 9241). PhilHealth manages and administers the government health care system.

Since, Chavesnet Enterprises is a business owned by a Francis Chaves alone and is not a partnership business, corporation or cooperative, looking for SEC papers is indeed immaterial. DTI? Yes we have it!


Still not contented?  Just take a look for the SCAMADVISER SITE


For more inquiries:

You can add me up in FACEBOOK to guide you or in EMAIL. Also check my WEBSITE.



For more info:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s